الموضوع: The Search For The Truth
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 06-16-2009, 02:00 AM
الصورة الرمزية الطامعة في رضا ربها
الطامعة في رضا ربها الطامعة في رضا ربها غير متواجد حالياً
( إِنَّ مَعِيَ رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ )

Icon15 The Urge is Strong

The Urge is Strong
Salman said, "They replaced their bishop. I never saw anyone [from them] who prayed the five prescribed prayers better than him [the new bishop]; nor a man more detached from this worldly life and attached to the Hereafter; nor a person more committed to working day and night. I loved him more than anyone else I loved before."
There are five daily prescribed prayers in Islam. Allah taught Prophet Muhammad the manner in which to perform these prayers as well as their timings. They are not the kind of 'prayers' which have been developed and are practiced by some people. Prayers are the foundation of Islam. If done according to the Prophet's way, they purify a person from the sins and wrongdoing that he may commit during the day.
"I stayed with him for sometime before his death. When his death approached I told him, 'O [so and so], I stayed with you and loved you more than anything else I loved before. Now the Decree of Allah [i.e., death] has come, so who do you recommend for me [to keep to], and with what do you order me?' "
Salman started to think about who he would accompany after the bishop's death. He again though of searching for righteous people with sound knowledge. His desire and readiness to go after the truth was firm.
"The bishop said 'By Allah! People are in total loss; they have altered and changed [the religion] they were upon. I do not know of anyone who is still holding to the religion I am upon except a man in al-Musil, 7 so join him.' [and he gave him his name]"
------------------------------
7Al-Musil: A major city in northwest Iraq.
التوقيع

رسالتي في الحياة :

سأطوّر نفسي باستمرار
من أجل خدمة الإسلام والمسلمين
وسأسخّر التقنية في مجال دعوة الآخرين

رد مع اقتباس