الموضوع: The Search For The Truth
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 06-16-2009, 01:52 AM
الصورة الرمزية الطامعة في رضا ربها
الطامعة في رضا ربها الطامعة في رضا ربها غير متواجد حالياً
( إِنَّ مَعِيَ رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ )

Icon15 This is it, But...!

This is it, But..!

"Upon my arrival I asked, 'Who is the best amongst the people of this religion [of yours]?'"
Salman was in search of the clear truth, and so he sought the best in faith amongst the people of ash-Shaam. Why not? People like to choose the best food, the best spouse, and the best clothes. Salman was searching for the best in faith.
"They said, 'The bishop. [He is] in the church.' I went to him and said, 'I like this religion, and I would love to be with you and serve you in your church, in order that I may learn from you and pray with you.' "
Salman realized from the start that knowledge can only be gained by associating with its people. In return, he was ready to offer himself as a servant to the bishop. The humbleness of those searching for the truth draws them nearer and nearer to it In the absence of humbleness, arrogance prevails; people see the signs of the truth, but their arrogance drives them away to their destruction.
(وَجَحَدُوا بِهَا وَاسْتَيْقَنَتْهَا أَنْفُسُهُمْ ظُلْمًا وَعُلُوًّاً ج )

"And they belied them (Our Signs: proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, revelations, etc.) wrongfully and arrogantly, though their won selves were convinced thereof (that those Signs are from Allah)."
[Surah an-Naml (27):14]

Wealth, social status, and other material factors must not prohibit a person from seeking the truth, which will ultimately affect his future. All of these things will vanish, and the person will proceed to his grave with nothing except his deeds. These deeds are those of the heart (belief), and those of the tongue and libms which are the manifestations of the deeds of the heart. Did I submit to my Creator? Did I lie according to His Commands as explained in the Qur'aan and by the teachings of the Last Messenger, Muhammad? This is the only thing which will be of use on the Day of Recompense.
(يَوْمَ لَا يَنفَعُ مَالٌ وَلَا بَنُونَ (88) إِلَّا مَنْ أَتَى اللَّهَ بِقَلْبٍ سَلِيمٍ (89) )

"The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail,*except him who brings to Allah a clean heart (clean from disbelief, polytheism and hypocrisy)."
[Surah ash-Shu'araa' (26):88-89]

"He said, 'You may enter and stay with me,' so I joined him." After some time, Salman discovered something of bishop. He was a bad man who ordered and motivated his people to pay charity, only to keep it for himself. He did no give it to the poor. He had heaped up seven jars of gold and silver!
This is an example of the corrupt and evil people found in every time and place: the hypocrites and abusive people. Did Salman stop there with that corrupt man? No! He moved to the next stage in his search. H did not turn away from seeking the truth.
"I despised him because of his deeds."
It is clear that his hate of the bishop did not stop him from seeking the truth. Allah, the Most Exalted, guided him, knowing his sincere desire in finding the truth.
"He [the bishop] died. The Christians gathered to bury him.I informed them that he was a bad man who ordered and motivated people to give him their charity only to keep it for himself, and that he did not give any of it to the poor. They said, 'How do you know this?' I replied, 'I can show you his treasure.' They said, 'Show us!' I showed them the place [where he kept it] and they recovered from it seen jars heaped up with gold and silver. When they saw it they said, 'By Allah we will never bury him. 'So they crucified him and stoned him."6
------------------------------
6 Editor's note: An important point to note here is that Salman did not turn away from what he thought was the truth at that time because of the actions of one person. He did not say, " Look at these Christians! The best of them is so evil" Rather, he understood that he had to judge the religion by its beliefs, and not by its adherents.
التوقيع

رسالتي في الحياة :

سأطوّر نفسي باستمرار
من أجل خدمة الإسلام والمسلمين
وسأسخّر التقنية في مجال دعوة الآخرين

رد مع اقتباس